In this Blog, The Digital Gaurav share What are Different Types of Instagram Accounts
Instagram is a really popular social media platform that is used by many people on a daily basis. It has become a big part of our life, giving us a chance to connect with friends, family and even people around the world. It’s a place where we can share photos and videos, express ourselves and discover new things.
People use Different Types of Instagram Accounts
There are different types of accounts on Instagram that people use. It is important to know about these different types as they each have their own purposes and benefits. By understanding the different account types, you can make better decisions about using Instagram in a way that best suits your goals and interests.
For example, if you want to use Instagram to share moments from your personal life with your friends and family, you would choose a personal account. But if you are a business or brand owner, you might want to create a business account to promote your products or services. And if you’re interested in creating content and building followers, a creator account might be the right fit for you. There are also community/interest-based accounts that bring people together for shared hobbies, interests or objectives.
By Knowing the different types of Instagram accounts, you can make true decisions about how to use the platform, what content to create, and how to effectively connect with others. It’s like a toolbox of options that you can choose from depending on what you want to achieve on Instagram.
1. Personal Accounts on Instagram
Personal accounts are like your own special space. This is where you can share your life, experiences and interests with your friends, family and followers. It is a platform for people to express themselves and connect with others on a more personal level. You can post photos and videos of your everyday life, like hanging out with friends or spending time with your pet. You can also write a caption to describe what’s happening or how you’re feeling. By following others and liking their posts, you can show support and join the conversation. Having a personal account helps you stay connected with the people you care about, no matter the distance. It’s a way to share updates, stay in touch, and feel closer to the important people in your life.
Features of Personal Accounts:
- They are usually set up with the account holder’s real name or preferred username.
- The content shared is of a personal nature and reflects the interests, lifestyle and experiences of the account holder.
- Personal accounts often contain a mix of photos, videos, and captions that provide a look into the life of the account holder.
- They tend to be more casual and less focused on promoting products or services than business accounts or creator accounts.
Examples of personal accounts:
- A man sharing his travel adventures, posting pictures of beautiful destinations, and sharing stories from his travels.
- Someone documenting their fitness journey, posting workout videos, healthy recipes, and progress updates.
- A parent sharing photos and stories about their kid’s achievements and everyday moments.
- A person expresses their creativity through art, photography or writing, showcasing their work and sharing their process.
Remember, personal accounts are primarily focused on sharing personal aspects of your life and connecting with friends, family, and like-minded individuals.
2. Business Accounts on Instagram
Business accounts are specially designed for brands, companies and entrepreneurs to promote their products or services. These accounts come with special features that are useful for businesses to do their marketing effectively.
Business accounts have several benefits:
- Instagram provides detailed insights and analytics for business accounts.
- These insights give businesses valuable insight into their audience statics and the performance of their posts.
- This data helps businesses make true decisions and clarify their marketing strategies.
- With a business account, you have access to a variety of promotional tools.
- You can create sponsored posts or stories to reach a wider audience beyond your existing followers.
- Additionally, you can run targeted ads to increase brand visibility and attract potential customers.
- Business accounts allow you to include contact information, such as your email address, phone number, and physical address.
- This makes it easy for interested customers or clients to contact you directly.
Credibility and Trust
- Having a business account adds credibility to your brand.
- It separates your account from the personal profile, indicating that you are a professional entity.
- This can help build trust among your audience and potential customers.
Examples of businesses that can benefit from having an Instagram business account include online stores, local shops, restaurants, fashion brands, service providers, and influencers collaborating with brands.
3. Creator Accounts on Instagram
Creator accounts are all about people who have a talent, passion or expertise that they want to share with others. These individuals, known as creators, use their accounts to showcase their skills, hobbies or knowledge through various types of content, such as photos, videos or stories. Their goal is to inspire, entertain, educate their followers.
Creator accounts have several benefits:
Building a Personal Brand
- By consistently sharing valuable content.
- Creators can establish themselves as experts in their field.
- They can develop a unique personal brand that attracts devoted followers.
- Creators often get the chance to collaborate with brands, businesses or other creators to create sponsored content or partnerships.
- This collaboration can lead to increased financial opportunities and exposure.
- Through their account, creators can explore different avenues to monetize their content.
- This could include brand partnerships, sponsored posts, affiliate marketing, or even selling their products or services.
Develop an engaged community
- Creators have the opportunity to connect with like-minded individuals who share similar interests.
- They can connect with their audience through comments, direct messages or live interactions, building a loyal and supportive community.
Examples of creator accounts can be found in various fields, such as fashion, fitness, travel, food, beauty, or gaming. These accounts often showcase stunning visuals, provide valuable tips, share personal experiences, and offer unique perspectives in their respective fields.
4. Community/Interest-Based Accounts on Instagram
Community/interest-based accounts are focused on bringing together individuals who share a common passion, hobby or interest. These accounts focus on creating a sense of community and providing valuable content related to a specific topic or theme. They can cover a wide range of topics, such as photography, fitness, cooking, fashion, travel, or even specific interests such as birdwatching or sustainable living.
Community/interest-based accounts have several benefits:
- These accounts allow people with similar interests to connect with each other.
- It’s like finding a group of like-minded individuals who share your passion for a particular subject.
- These accounts often feature inspiring content, ideas, and experiences related to a shared interest.
- They can inspire their followers and glow creativity in them.
- This accounts provide a platform for people to share their expertise, suggestions and insights on a particular topic.
- Followers can learn from each other and expand their knowledge.
Support and encouragement:
- Being part of a community focused on a common interest can provide a supportive and encouraging environment.
- People can ask questions, get advice and celebrate achievements together.
- These accounts can facilitate networking.
- Collaboration with like-minded individuals, promote new friendships, partnerships and even professional opportunities.
- A fitness community account that shares workout routines, healthy recipes and inspires followers to live an active lifestyle.
- An art and illustration account that showcases talented artists, provides tutorials and encourages artistic expression.
- A book lovers’ community account that recommends books, hosts discussions, and creates a space for book lovers to connect and share their love of reading.
Choose Between an Instagram Business Account and Creator Account
Instagram combines two other account types, business and creator, into one category called a professional account.
Both the business and creator accounts share many of the same features. They can access Instagram Insights to get information about their followers and engagement. They also have contact buttons for easy communication with their audience, and they can use gift card delivery stickers. Additionally, both account types allow collaboration with other accounts using branded content features.
However, there are some important differences between these two account types that you should be aware of.
Instagram business accounts are for businesses that make money or sell products. They have exclusive access to the Instagram API, which allows them to use certain tools. With API access, they can schedule posts in advance, use Facebook Creator Studio to manage their Instagram account from a computer, and access third-party analytics for detailed insights. Creator profiles, on the other hand, do not have API access, so they do not have these advanced features.
Another important difference between the Business and Creator accounts is music access. Most business accounts have a limited music library consisting of royalty-free music. This means that they do not have popular or well known songs in their music library. On other hand, Creator accounts have access to an entire music library, which includes popular songs. So, if having a wide range of music choices is important to you, a Creator Account is the way to go.
Change the Types of Instagram Accounts
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile.
- Look for a button with three lines in the top right corner and tap on it.
- In the menu that appears, find and tap “Settings“.
- Scroll down until you see an option called “Account” and tap on it.
- Once you are in Account Settings, scroll down to the bottom of the page. There, you will get the option to change your account type.
- Tap on “Switch Account Type” and you will see two options that you don’t currently have.
- For example, if you have a business account, you can switch to a personal account or a creator account.
Please note that the appearance of the interface may vary depending on your device and recent Instagram updates. If you see the option to switch to a professional account, you currently have a personal account. If you tap “Switch to Professional Account,” you’ll be given a choice between a Creator Account or a Business Account.
When you can switch between account types without any difficulty, there are some temporary implications. When you switch to a business account, Instagram will temporarily hide your insights, and you may experience delays accessing features like music if you switch to a creator account.
Choose the Right Types of Instagram Accounts
Choosing the right type of Instagram account is really important as it directly affects what you want to achieve on the platform.
Think of choosing an Instagram account type like choosing the right tool for a specific job. Each account type has its own purpose and features that are suitable for different goals. If you want to share your personal experiences, connect with friends and family, and showcase your everyday life, then a personal account is the way to go.
On the other hand, if you have a business or brand and want to promote your products or services, you will need a business account. It gives you the tools and insights to understand your audience, reach potential customers, and measure your success. You can run ads, use call-to-action buttons, and even sell products directly through your account.
If your goal is to become an content creator, then a creator account is the right choice. It offers features designed for creators, such as detailed analytics, brand collaborations, and help opportunities. You can focus on building a loyal following, creating high-quality content, and growing your influence.
There are also communities or interest-based accounts that bring people together for a specific topic or hobby. These accounts are perfect for connecting with others who share your passion, exchanging knowledge, and building a supportive community.
By choosing the right Instagram account type, you ensure that you have the right tools and features to achieve your specific goals. Whether you want to share personal moments, promote a business, become an influencer, or connect with like-minded people, choosing the right account type sets you up for success and helps you grow your Instagram following. Helps in getting the most out of the experience.